Ed's Thread

 

<

Save the Internet: Click here

Other things
New things on the way!!!
Saturday, January 06, 2007

As I have been reintroducing myself to the active side of the web I have found that I want to do more than post to a blog. I want to explore the technologies behind the blogs and other things that I am seeing on the web. So I have started.

This week I established a hosting account at Ifastnet that offers PHP access, a MySQL database and loads of other goodies. I am starting the process of moving the Thread there. This first portion of time is going to be spent exploring the features and learning how to use them. At this point I have only installed WordPress to the site and stated to play with it. As I have been exploring I have started to think I may move my blog to a CMS system instead of just a blog platform. This is a decision that should come this week and will be detailed in future posts. At this time I only have a bare skeleton there and it may change rapidly so right now I am not encouraging visitors but will announce in the near future when the New Ed's Thread becomes available.

I am going to keep this site informed of the process as I go through it and would welcome any input you might have. This will be an ongoing series. I hope you enjoy it and look forward to your participation.

posted by Ed's Thread @ 11:30 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 7:02 AM, Blogger Gattina said…

    That all sounds too complicated to me ! I am already happy that I can change my background and header as I wish, lol !

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me
Name: Ed's Thread
Home: Phoenix, Oregon, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© Ed's Thread Template by Isnaini Dot Com